Rupert Friend is an English actor, director, screenwriter and producer. Rupert is known for playing CIA operative Peter Quinn in the Showtime political thriller series Homeland, for which he received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination. He went on to collaborate with Armando Iannucci in the film The Death of Stalin, portraying Vasily Stalin, son of Joseph Stalin.
Rupert previous roles include Lieutenant Kurt Kotler in the film The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Prince Albert in The Young Victoria, Oliver in the film Starred Up and Agent 47 in the film Hitman: Agent 47. In 2018, Friend performed a new audio drama by John Patrick Shanley, titled Last Night in the Garden I Saw You, which featured Michelle Williams.
Rupert Friend was born on the 1st of October 1981, in Stonesfield, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom. He is currently 38 years old.
|Birth Name||Rupert William Anthony Friend|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1981|
|Place of Birth||Stonesfield, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom|
|Age||38 years old|
|Residence||New York City, New York, United States|
Rupert attended The Marlborough School in Woodstock, England and went on to study at the Cherwell School and d’Overbroeck’s College in Oxford. Later, he took acting classes at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – David Oxton Friend (Cultural Historian)
- Mother – Caroline Friend (Solicitor)
- Siblings – Kate Friend (Sister)
- Relatives – Anthony Friend (Paternal Grandfather), Daphne R. Pochin (Paternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rupert Friend has dated –
- Keira Knightley (2005-2010) – In 2005, Rupert started dating English actress Keira Knightley. The two met during the filming of Pride & Prejudice in 2005. They separated in 2010.
- Aimee Mullins (2013-Present) – In 2013, Rupert dating Paralympian, actress and model Aimee Mullins. The couple announced their engagement at the L’Oreal Paris event in December 2014. Friend and Mullins were married on 1 May 2016.
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||11.5 (US)|
Rupert became known for playing CIA operative Peter Quinn in the Showtime political thriller series Homeland (2012-2017) for which he received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination.
In 2004, Rupert made his screen debut as Billy Downs in the film The Libertine for which he won the Ischia Film Festival Award for Best International Newcomer.
In 2012, Rupert his first acting job as Peter Quinn on the Showtime series Homeland a role that earned him an Emmy nomination.
In 2010, Friend made his stage debut as Mitchell in the UK premiere of The Little Dog Laughed.
Rupert Friend has done endorsement work for brands like Jaguar USA, William Vintage, Kentshire among others.
Rudy Pankow Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Brad Pitt, George Clooney
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Rupert Friend Net worth
Rupert Friend has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – rupertfriend
- Twitter – Rupert Friend
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rupert Friend
- Growing up, he wanted to be an archaeologist like Indiana Jones but, soon realized that it was not as remunerative as he thought.
- After completing his school, he joined a band called Marrakech.
- In 2005, Friend had his first starring role as Ludovic Meyer in the film adaption of Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont in which he starred opposite Joan Plowright.
- In 2005, Rupert won the ‘Outstanding New Talent’ Golden Satellite at the International Press Academy Awards for his role in the movie Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont.
- In 2009, Friend starred in the film Chér playing the titular character opposite Michelle Pfeiffer.
- In 2014, Rupert played Oliver Baumer in Fox Searchlight’s film Starred Up and his performance was applauded by critics and was nominated for BIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- In 2015, Friend starred as Agent 47 in Hitman: Agent 47 a film based on the Hitman video game franchise replacing Paul Walker.
- In 2018, Rupert performed a new audio drama by John Patrick Shanley, titled Last Night in the Garden I Saw You which featured Michelle Williams.