Joel McHale is an American-Canadian comedian, actor, writer, producer and television host. He is best known for hosting The Soup and his role as Jeff Winger on the NBC sitcom Community. He has appeared in the films Spy Kids: All the Time in the World and Ted. He also starred in the short-lived CBS sitcom The Great Indoors and currently hosts a reboot of Card Sharks. In 2020, Joel hosted an after-show special of the Netflix documentary series Tiger King.
Joel McHale was born on 20th of November 1971, in Rome, Lazio, Italy. He’s currently 48 years old.
|Birth Name||Joel Edward McHale|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1971|
|Place of Birth||Rome, Lazio, Italy|
|Age||48 years old|
|Residence||Hollywood Hills, California, United States|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Television Host, Writer, Producer|
Joel went to Mercer Island High School in Washington. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Washington in 1995. He later enrolled into the Professional Actors Training Program at the University of Washington from where he obtained his Master of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – Jack McHale (Dean of Students at the Loyola University in Rome)
- Mother – Laurie McHale (née Jackson)
- Siblings – Christopher McHale (Older Brother) (Electrician), Stephen McHale (Younger Brother) (Episcopal Priest)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel McHale has dated –
- Sarah Williams (1995-Present) – McHale married Sarah Williams on July 20, 1996. He met her first after a year of his college graduation in 1995. The couple has two sons, Edward Roy McHale, born in 2005 and Isaac McHale, born on March 12, 2008. They reside in Hollywood Hills, California.
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
Joel became known known for hosting The Soup (2004–2015) and his role as Jeff Winger on the NBC sitcom Community (2009–2015). He has appeared in the films Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (2011) and Ted (2012).
In 2004, Joel made his feature film debut with Sam Raimi’s superhero film Spider-Man 2 as Mr. Jacks.
In 1996, McHale had his first small screen appearance in a sketch comedy series Almost live!.
Joel has endorsed the following brands Nutrigrain (2002), IHOP (2003), State Farm Insurance (2004), Aspen Edge (2004), Burger King (2004), Pepsi, Ameritrade, Berocca (2014), T-Mobile JUMP! (2015) & Enterprise (2016).
Joel McHale Favorites
- Favorite Actor – George Clooney, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Movies – Ikiru (1952), Dr. Strangelove (1964), Blade Runner (1982) and Children of Men (2006)
- Favorite Movie Genres – Science Fiction, Comedy
- Favorite Vacation Spot – Siena in Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Joel McHale Net worth
Joel McHale has an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2020. He made around $2 million per year from The Soup and $60,000 per episode of Community.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joel McHale
- Joel was a member of Theta Chi Fraternity from the Alpha Rho chapter at the University of Washington.
- McHale is a fan of the Seattle Seahawks football team and the Los Angeles Gladiators esports team.
- In 2004, McHale began hosting The Soup, a satirical weekly television show on the E! television network.
- In May 2014, Joel hosted the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, an annual tradition that has been hosted by the likes of Jay Leno, Stephen Colbert, Hasan Minhaj, Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart, Conan O’Brien, etc.
- In 2016, Joel appeared as an occasional co-host alongside Kelly Ripa in the ABC morning show Live with Kelly.
- In 2018, McHale was cast in the recurring role of Chris on the second season of the Netflix horror-comedy series Santa Clarita Diet.
- In December 2018, McHale was cast as Sylvester Pemberton, the Golden Age Starman in the DC Universe series Stargirl.
- In March 27, 2020, Joel has started co-hosting The Darkest Timeline podcast with former Community co-star Ken Jeong.