Rhea Chakraborty is an Indian actress and VJ. She started her career as a VJ on MTV India. In 2013, she made her Bollywood acting debut with the film Mere Dad Ki Maruti. In 2014, she played the character of Sonali in Sonali Cable. In 2017, she appeared in YRF’s Bank Chor. She also did cameo appearances in Half Girlfriend and Dobaara: See Your Evil. In 2018, she appeared in Jalebi opposite debutante Varun Mitra. In 2020, Rhea made headlines when she was linked to late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicidal death.
Rhea Chakraborty was born on the 1st of July 1992, in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. She’s currently 28 years old.
|Birth Name||Rhea Chakraborty|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1992|
|Place of Birth||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Age||28 years old|
|Profession||Actress, TV Personality, VJ|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Rhea did her schooling from Army Public School Ambala Cantt, Ambala.
- Father – Indrajit Chakraborty (Army Officer)
- Mother – Sandhya Chakraborty
- Siblings – Showik Chakraborty (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rhea Chakraborty has dated –
- Sushant Singh Rajput (2019-2020) – Chakraborty met the Bollywood actor Sushat Singh Rajput at a party in April 2019 and the couple started dating soon after. The couple moved in together in December 2019. On 14 June 2020, Rajput committed suicide at his home in Bandra, Mumbai, six days after she was moved out from the place.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7.5 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
Rhea career started with her working in MTV India’s TVS Scooty Teen Diva (2009). She wrapped-up her journey on the show as the first runner-up. She has hosted several MTV shows, including Pepsi MTV Wassup, TicTac College Beat and MTV Gone in 60 Seconds.
In 2012, Rhea made her first film appearance by playing the lead role of Nidhi in the Telugu romantic drama film, Tuneega Tuneega in which she co-starred alongside Sumanth Ashwin, Mrinal Dutt and Vasundhara Kashyap.
In 2013, Rhea made her Bollywood acting debut with the film, Mere Dad Ki Maruti in which she co-starred alongside Saqib Saleem, Ram Kapoor, Prabal Panjabi and Ravi Kishan.
In 2009, Rhea started her television career with MTV India’s TVS Scooty Teen Diva where she was the first runner-up.
Rhea has appeared in various TV commercials including Yepme, Stayfree and Maruti Suzuki.
On 25 July, Rajput’s family lodged a first information report (FIR) with Patna Police, where his father lives, alleging Rhea, Indrajit Chakraborty, Sandhya Chakraborty, Shruti Modi, Showik Chakraborty and others of abetment of suicide, wrongful restraint, wrongful confinement, theft, criminal breach of trust and cheating under the sections 341, 342, 380, 406, 420, 306 and 120(B) of the IPC.
Rajput’s father, K.K. Singh, said in the FIR that Sushant had confided to his sister about Chakraborty threatening to make his medical receipts public and prove him mad; that Rajput was afraid Chakraborty would frame him for his secretary’s suicide; and that before his day of suicide, Chakraborty took away all doctor’s receipts. On 6 August, the Central Bureau of Investigation, the Indian national government’s top investigating agency, re-registered the Patna Police FIR accusing Chakraborty and others of wrongdoing, thus taking over the case.
In 7 August, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioned Rhea and her brother, Showik Chakraborty, over allegations of money laundering. On 19 August, the Supreme Court of India allowed the CBI to take control of the investigation. On 26 August, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), India’s national drug law enforcement agency, registered an FIR against Rhea, her brother Showik and three others.
The ED had requested the NCB to join the investigation after its financial probe found that drugs were supplied to Rhea and Sushant. Specifically, the FIR invoked sections of India’s Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act dealing with cannabis. Chakraborty’s lawyer said, “Rhea has never consumed drugs in her lifetime ever. She’s ready for a blood test any time.”
Rhea Chakraborty Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress – Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Neeta Lulla
- Favorite Place – Cape Town, London
- Favorite Color – Black, Red
- Favorite Food – Sea Food
Rhea Chakraborty Net worth
Rhea Chakraborty has an estimated net worth of $0.2 million dollars as of 2020. She owns two expensive properties in Mumbai with their combined worth being estimated over 1.5 crore and also owns a Jeep Compass.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rhea Chakraborty
- Rhea is an Indian film actress and a video jockey.
- She has worked as a host in various TV shows, including Pepsi MTV Wassup (2009), MTV Gone in 60 seconds (2010) and TicTac College Beat (2012).
- In 2013, Rhea appeared in Ayushmann Khurrana’s music video, O Heeriye.
- Chakraborty has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- In 2014, she played the character of Sonali in Sonali Cable.
- Her looks are compared with the Bollywood actress, Genelia D’Souza.
- In 2017, Rhea appeared as Gayatri Ganguly, a journalist in the Hindi-language black comedy film, Bank Chor.
- In 2018, Chakraborty was trolled for posting a picture with the famous Bollywood director, Mahesh Bhatt and netizens started comparing her with Anup Jalota and Jasleen Matharu‘s Jodi.
- In 2018, Rhea appeared in Jalebi opposite debutante Varun Mitra.