Oscar Isaac is a Guatemalan-born American actor. He has played lead film roles in the tragicomedy Inside Llewyn Davis, for which he received a Golden Globe Award nomination, the crime drama A Most Violent Year and the science fiction thriller Ex Machina. In 2006, he portrayed Saint Joseph, husband of Mary in The Nativity Story. In 2016, Time named Isaac one of the 100 most influential people in the world on the annual Time 100 list. In 2017, Isaac was described as the best dang actor of his generation by Vanity Fair.
Oscar Isaac was born on the 9th of March 1979, in Guatemala City, Guatemala. He’s currently 41 years old.
|Birth Name||Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1979|
|Place of Birth||Guatemala City, Guatemala|
|Age||41 years old|
Oscar attended a private high school. He studied acting and graduated from Juilliard School in New York City in 2005.
- Father – Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano (Pulmonologist)
- Mother – María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle
- Siblings – Mike Hernandez (Brother), Nicole Hernández Hammer (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Oscar Isaac has dated –
- María Miranda (1996-2011) – Oscar started dating writer María Miranda in 1996. They dated for a decade and in December 2007 got engaged after Oscar proposed her in front of Lincoln Center during Christmas eve. Oscar seems to have split with her in 2011.
- Elvira Lind (2012-Present) – In 2012, Oscar met Danish film director Elvira Lind and they married in February 2017. They have two sons and live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9.5 (US)|
Oscar became known for his roles in the tragicomedy Inside Llewyn Davis (2013), for which he received a Golden Globe Award nomination, the crime drama A Most Violent Year (2014), as Poe Dameron in the space opera franchise Star Wars film series (2015- 2017) and as En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse in the superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).
In 1998, Oscar made his onscreen debut with the film Illtown in which he played a minor role as a pool boy.
In 2002, Oscar first major role was as Francesco in the American action comedy film, All About the Benjamins.
In 2006, Oscar played the role as Robbie Paulson in the police procedural series, Law & Order: Criminal Intent in an episode The Healer.
Oscar has appeared in Chivas Regal commercial.
Oscar Isaac Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Oscar Isaac Net worth
Oscar Isaac has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – Oscar Isaac
Some Lesser Known Facts About Oscar Isaac
- Oscar was always the trouble causing child in school. Finally, he was dismissed from school.
- Isaac was a lead guitarist and sang vocals in his band The Blinking Underdogs before he ventured into acting.
- Oscar is good friends with actress Jessica Chastain.
- He began playing guitar from the age of 12.
- In 2009, Oscar received AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and was nominated in Film Critics Circle of Australia Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie Balibo.
- In 2013, Isaac starred in the dramatic comedy film Inside Llewyn Davis written and directed by the Coen brothers.
- In 2015, he won the Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor, Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Actor and San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the movie Ex Machina.
- In 2016, Oscar was the narrator for the Nike ad Unlimited You created by Wieden+ Kennedy.
- In 2017, Isaac was named the best dang actor of his generation by Vanity Fair.
- In July 2017, Isaac starred as Prince Hamlet in The Public Theater production of Hamlet alongside Keegan-Michael Key, Ritchie Coster, Gayle Rankin, Roberta Colindrez and Anatol Yusef.
- In 2019, Oscar was cast in the Paul Schrader film The Card Counter and starred in the action-adventure film Triple Frontier directed by J. C. Chandor as Pope, an ex- CAG operative.