Su Pollard is an English actress and singer. Her career has spanned over 45 years; she is most famous for her role in the sitcom Hi-de-Hi!. She also appeared in You Rang, M’Lord? and Oh, Doctor Beeching! Pollard has appeared in over 35 stage plays and musicals, as well as over 40 pantomimes. As a singer, in 1986, she scored a UK number-two hit with the song “Starting Together” and also released an album. After appearing in several London West End theatrical productions, she was cast as Flo in the BBC comedy series Two Up, Two Down. Pollard has also written two books, Hearts and Showers and Sensible Slimming.
Su Pollard was born on the 7th of November 1949, in Nottingham, England.
|Susan Georgina Pollard
|Date of Birth
|7th of November 1949
|Place of Birth
|74 years old
|Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Author
Su Pollard attended Berridge Road School (Hyson Green) and Peveril Bilateral School, Robin’s Wood Road (now Nottingham Girls’ Academy).
- Father – Don Pollard
- Mother – Hilda Pollard
- Siblings – Unklown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Su Pollard has dated –
Su became known after rising to fame for both her chart-topping 1986 song Starting Together and for her role on the English situation comedy Hi-de-Hi!, this vocalist and stage and screen actress was chosen by Jimmy Perry and David Croft as the star of the comedy series You Rang, M’Lord? A voice actress as well as a singer and live performer, she voiced one of the major characters on a children’s series called Penny Crayon.
In 2012, Pollard had her first film onscreen role in the movie Run For Your Wife as Cameo.
In 1979, Pollard landed her first role in television by appearing as Flo in the series, Two Up, Two Down.
As a Singer
In 1974, Following an apprenticeship at the Arts Theatre in Nottingham, Pollard appeared on Opportunity Knocks singing I Cain’t Say No from Oklahoma!, and came second to a singing Jack Russell.
Su Pollard Net worth
Su Pollard has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2024.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Su Pollard
- Susan grew up in Nottingham, England, as the daughter of Hilda and Don Pollard. Her interest in acting began at the age of six when she played an angel in a school nativity play.
- After leaving school at the age of 16, she got a job at the Tennant Rubber Company in Carlton as a shorthand typist and began singing in working men’s clubs and charity shows.
- In 1974, Following an apprenticeship at the Arts Theatre in Nottingham, Pollard appeared on Opportunity Knocks singing I Cain’t Say No from Oklahoma!
- In 1979, Pollard’s first comedy role was in a BBC series screened entitled, Two Up, Two Down, in which she played a hippy named Flo. Paul Nicholas played her partner, Jimmy, both of whom were squatting in the house of a nice middle-class couple.
- She starred in the stage production of Hi De Hi! – The Holiday Musical, along with almost all of the cast from the television series, played sell out seasons in Bournemouth, London and Blackpool.
- In 1995, she took over as the face of the National Egg Awareness Campaign. From 1989 to 1990, her distinctive voice voiced the lead character in the BBC children’s television series Penny Crayon.
- Pollard is related to journalist and former Blue Peter presenter Liz Barker and is a supporter of Nottingham Forest football club.
- In 2019, Susan starred as Queen Rat in Dick Whittington in Wolverhampton, alongside her Hi-de-Hi! co star Jeffrey Holland.
- Pollard was one of a group of seven celebrities that entered in Pilgrimage: The Road Through Portugal, a BBC Two series on a pilgrimage to Fátima, Portugal.