Prithviraj Sukumaran is an Indian film actor, director, producer, playback singer and distributor known for his works primarily in the Malayalam cinema. He has appeared in more than 100 films in a variety of roles and has won several awards, including a National Film Awards, three Kerala State Film Awards, a Tamil Nadu State Film Awards and a Filmfare Awards South. In 2019, Prithviraj made his directorial debut with Lucifer which became the highest grossing Malayalam film ever.
Prithviraj Sukumaran was born on the 16th of October 1982, in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. He’s currently 37 years old.
|Birth Name||Prithviraj Sukumaran|
|Nickname||Prithviraj, Prithvi, Raju, Raj|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1982|
|Place of Birth||Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India|
|Age||37 years old|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Director, Playback Singer|
Prithviraj attended Shrine Vailankanni Senior Secondary School in T. Nagar, Chennai and St. Joseph’s Boys School, Coonoor. When the family moved to Kerala, he attended the NSS Public School, Perunthanni. He then moved to St. Mary’s Residential Central School, Poojappura where he acted in plays and skits for the school’s Annual Day Celebrations. He completed his education at Sainik School, Kazhakootam and Bhavan’s Senior Secondary School, Kodunganoor. After school, he studied for a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology at the University of Tasmania in Australia.
- Father – Sukumaran (Actor) (Died on June 16, 1997)
- Mother – Mallika Sukumaran (Actress)
- Siblings – Indrajith Sukumaran (Older Brother) (Actor)
- Relatives – Poornima Indrajith (Sister-in-law) (Model, Actress, Television Anchor, Talk show host)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prithviraj Sukumaran has dated –
- Supriya Menon (2011-Present) – Supriya and Prithviraj were friends for a couple of years before they started dating. The couple had an intimate wedding ceremony at Supriya’s hometown in Palakkad with selective guests and they tied the knot on April 25, 2011. The couple welcomed the birth of their daughter named Alankrita on September 8, 2014.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 (US|
|Distinctive Features||Dimpled Smile|
Prithviraj has appeared in more than 100 films in a variety of roles and has won several awards, including a National Film Awards, three Kerala State Film Awards, a Tamil Nadu State Film Awards and a Filmfare Awards South.
In 1999, Prithviraj made his theatrical film debut with the Telugu movie Surya Puthrika where he played the role of Prithviraj.
In 2002, Prithviraj first landed a leading role in the Malayalam film Nakshathrakkannulla Rajakumaran Avanundoru Rajakumari where he played the role of Ananthu, directed by Rajasenan.
In 2005, Prithviraj made his theatrical film debut with the Tamil movie Kana Kandaen where he played the role of Madhan.
In 2012, Prithviraj made his Bollywood debut with the film, Aiyyaa in which he played the role of Surya Iyer opposite Rani Mukerji.
In 2010, Prithviraj began co-producing films for the production house August Cinema, starting with the historical film Urumi which he also starred in.
In 2011, Prithviraj co-produced and starred in the social drama Indian Rupee for which he received the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Malayalam and Kerala State Film Award for Best Film.
In 2009, Prithviraj debuted as a singer with the song Kaane Kaane for the film Puthiya Mukham.
Prithviraj has endorsed the following brands as Indulekha Skincare cream, Kalyan Silks, KSEB & Close Up.
Prithviraj Sukumaran Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Mohanlal
- Favorite Actress – Kajol, Rani Mukerji
- Favorite Movie – Cinema Paradiso (1988)
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Switzerland, Australia
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Rice & Fish Curry
Prithviraj Sukumaran Net worth
Prithviraj Sukumaran has an estimated net worth of $4.5 million dollars as of 2020. He owns luxury houses in Thiruvananthapuram and Cochin, apart from Chennai & Bangalore. Prithivi also owns few properties in Dubai, UAE. He has hi sown production company called August Cinemas. He has a large fleet of expensive cars from Porsche Cayenne to Audi Q7 and BMW Z4 along with other brand cars.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Prithviraj Sukumaran
- Instagram – therealprithvi
- Twitter – Prithviraj Sukumaran
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prithviraj Sukumaran
- During his college days, he had a crush on a girl but he didn’t propose to her after knowing she was a lesbian.
- Prithviraj has worked in many languages such as Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
- He owns a restaurant in Qatar called Spice Boat along with his brother and his mother.
- He has a pet dog named Mocha.
- In 2002, Prithviraj started his acting career by playing the role of Manu Nandakumar in the Malayalam film Nandanam.
- In 2006, he played the role of Sub Inspector Solomon Joseph in Vargam, then appeared in Vaasthavam, for which he received the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor.
- In 2006, Prithviraj co-starred with actor Bhagyaraj’s daughter Saranya Bhagyaraj in Parijatham.
- In 2010, he became the brand ambassador of hi-tech ambulance services 108, which was launched by the National Rural Health Mission.
- In 2011, Prithviraj won National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Malayalam (Producer) and Kerala State Film Award for Best Film (Producer) for the Malayalam film Indian Rupee.
- In 2012, Sukumaran started a production company named August Cinema with cinematographer turned director Santosh Sivan and businessman Shaji Nadesan.
- In 2013, Prithviraj won Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor – South for the Malayalam film Celluloid.
- In 2014, Prithviraj’s first major release was London Bridge, which failed at box office; followed by 7th Day, which turned out to become a commercial success.
- In March 2018, Prithviraj announced the launch of his independent production company named Prithviraj Productions.
- In 2019, Prithviraj made his directorial debut with the action film, Lucifer starring Mohanlal, which later went on to become the highest-grossing Malayalam film ever.