Nick Cannon is an American actor, comedian, rapper and television host. He began as a teenager on All That before going on to host The Nick Cannon Show, Wild ‘n Out, America’s Got Talent, Lip Sync Battle Shorties and The Masked Singer. He acted in the films Drumline, Love Don’t Cost a Thing and Roll Bounce. In 2007, he played the role of the fictional footballer TJ Harper in the film Goal II: Living the Dream. In July 4, 2011, Nick hosted the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, an annual American competitive eating competition.
Nick Cannon was born on the 8th of October 1980,San Diego, California, United States. He’s currently 39 years old.
|Birth Name||Nicholas Scott Cannon|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1980|
|Place of Birth||San Diego, California, United States|
|Age||39 years old|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Rapper, Television Personality|
|Labels||Jive, Columbia, N’Credible Entertainment|
Nick studied at the Avocado Elementary School, California and Quail Hollow Middle School in Charlotte, North Carolina. In 1998, he graduated from Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley, California. In 2016, Cannon enrolled at Howard University and graduated in 2020 with a bachelor’s degree in Criminology/Administration of Justice and a minor in Africana Studies.
- Father – James Cannon (Televangelist)
- Mother – Beth Hackett (Accountant)
- Siblings – Gabriel Cannon (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nick Cannon has dated –
- Christina Milian (2003-2005) – Nick met the American singer Christina Milian on the set of Love Don’t Cost a Thing and they immediately started dating. Christina found out that Nick was cheating on her and they broke up in March 2005.
- Eva Marcille (2005) – In April 2005, Nick started dating the beautiful American model Eva Marcille. Their relationship lasted only 3 months and they broke up in June 2005.
- Kim Kardashian (2006-2007) – Nick dated Kim Kardashian in 2006. The two split in January 2007.
- Selita Ebanks (2007) – Nick dated and got engaged to the American model Selita Ebanks in 2007. They broke up in October the same year.
- Mariah Carey (2008-2015) – In February 2008, Nick started dating the American pop singer Mariah Carey. The couple got engaged on April 22, 2008 and got married on April 30, 2011. Mariah gave birth to twins (Moroccan Scott and Monroe). Nick and Mariah split up in August 2014. He filed for divorce in December 2014, which was finalized in April 2015.
- Nicole Mitchell Murphy (2015) – In February 2015, Nick had an encounter with model Nicole Mitchell Murphy.
- Jena Frumes (2016-2017) – In 2016, Nick started dating actress and model, Jena Frumes but, they broke up the following year in March 2017.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
Cannon began as a teenager on All That before going on to host The Nick Cannon Show (2002-2003), Wild ‘n Out (2005–2007, 2013–2020), America’s Got Talent (2009–2016), Lip Sync Battle Shorties (2017–2018) and The Masked Singer (2019 Present).
In 2009, Nick first time appeared in Whatever It Takes in which he played the role of a local Chess Club Kid.
On December 9, 2003, Nick released his debut album, Nick Cannon. The album was recorded and produced via Jive Records. He was able to sell 201,000 copies of the album in the United States. It charted at #83 at US Billboard 200 and #15 at US R&B albums.
In 1998, Nick’s first appearance on television in All That in which he played various characters.
Nick appeared in TV commercials of Honda Civic (2013), Office Depot (2012) and Foot Locker with NBA star Damian Lillard.
Nick Cannon Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Miley Cyrus
- Favorite Movie – Million Dollar Baby (2004)
- Favorite TV Show – SpongeBob SquarePants
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Chinese Food, Pizza
Nick Cannon Net worth
Nick Cannon has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Nick Cannon
- Instagram – nickcannon
- Twitter – Nick Cannon
- YouTube Channel – NickCannonVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nick Cannon
- Nick started playing music after his grandfather gifted him musical instruments on his 8th birthday.
- Nick plays harmonica, drums and synthesizer.
- Cannon received his first break doing stand-up comedy on his father’s local cable access program.
- In 2002, Nick had a small appearance in Men in Black II.
- In 2003, he released the hit single Gigolo in collaboration with R. Kelly.
- In 2005, Cannon formed his own record label, Can-I-Ball Records, with plans to release his second studio album, entitled Stages.
- In 2005, Cannon created, produced and hosted the MTV improv comedy series Wild ‘N Out.
- He is good friends with American actor and writer Chris Spencer.
- In 2009, Nick formed a new label after cancelling his old label Can-I-Ball Records entitled N’Credible Entertainment.
- In 2009, he replaced Regis Philbin as the host of America’s Got Talent.
- On December 11, 2009, Cannon hosted the Nickelodeon HALO Awards along with Justin Timberlake, Hayden Panettiere, LeBron James, Kelly Rowland and Alicia Keys.
- In 2010, Cannon created a parody of hip hop pioneer Slick Rick entitled Slick Nick.
- On January 19, 2010, Cannon hosted the morning show (6-10AM) with co-hosts Nikki and Southern Sarah Lee at 92.3 NOW FM (WXRK-FM) in New York.
- On December 6, 2011, Nick released his debut mixtape entitled Child of the Corn.
- On November 4, 2013, Cannon was the master of ceremonies as well as an honoree at the annual Ebony Magazine Power 100 Awards.
- On July 26, 2013, Nick premiered his new single Me Sexy and announced over seven years after the shelving of his album Stages that he was working on a new second studio album entitled White People Party Music featuring collaborations with Afrojack, Pitbull, Future and Polow da Don.
- In 2014, he began hosting Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon on NBC.
- On November 16, 2016, Cannon released his second mixtape The Gospel of Ike Turn Up: My Side of the Story.
- Visit his official website @ nickcannon.com.