Mehcad Brooks is an American actor and former fashion model. Mehcad is known for his roles as Matthew Applewhite in the second season of ABC’s series Desperate Housewives, Jerome in The Game, his leading role as Terrance “TK” King in the USA series Necessary Roughness from 2011 until 2013 and James Olsen in the CBS and The CW series Supergirl.
Mehcad Brooks was born on the 25th of October 1980, in Austin, Texas, United States. He’s currently 39 years old.
|Birth Name||Mehcad Jason McKinley Brooks|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1980|
|Place of Birth||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Producer, Former Fashion Model|
Mehcad studied in L.C. Anderson High School, a public high school in Austin, Texas. After graduating from high school in 1999, he attended the University of Southern California‘s School of Cinema-Television. Brooks was also offered basketball scholarships and other offers from Ivy League schools but he decided to attend the University of Southern California.
- Father – Billy Brooks (Former Pro Football Player)
- Mother – Alberta Phillips (Editorial Writer for Austin American-Statesman)
- Siblings – Billy Brooks IV (Older Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mehcad Brooks has dated –
- Maria Rogers (2010) – Mehcad had a fling with fitness diva Maria Rogers in 2010.
- Serinda Swan (2010-2011) – Canadian actress Serinda and Brooks started going out in May 2010. She is known for her roles in movies like Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010) and The Baytown Outlaws (2012) and the duo first caught public attention as they went to Po Restaurant in New York City in June 2010. However, the couple broke up within a year and moved separate ways.
- Selita Ebanks (2010-2011) – In December 2010, Mehcad Brooks started dating Caymanian model Selita Ebanks. Unfortunately, the couple’s romance soon fizzled out and Brooks and Selita decided to break up in April 2011.
- Elisabetta Canalis (2011) – Elisabetta is an Italian actress and showgirl who is speculated to have had a short-lived romance with Brooks between October 2011 and December 2011.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Distinctive Features||Towering height
Brooks became known for his roles as Matthew Applewhite in the second season of ABC’s series Desperate Housewives (2005–2006), Jerome in The Game (2008), his leading role as Terrance “TK” King in the USA series Necessary Roughness (2011-2013).
In 2002, Mehcad made his feature film debut as Radimi Wadkins in the movie, Radimi: Who Stole the Dream.
In October 20, 2017, Brooks released his debut single, Tears Away.
In 2002, Mehcad made his first TV show appearance as Shawn Hodges in an episode, titled Take Me Out of the Ball Game, of the comedy fantasy drama show, Do Over.
Mehcad has appeared in a State Farm Insurance television commercial alongside actress Gabrielle Dennis.
Mehcad Brooks Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Mehcad Brooks Net worth
Mehcad Brooks has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – mehcadbrooks
- Twitter – Mehcad Brooks
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehcad Brooks
- Growing up, Mehcad was completely into sports and played basketball, football and baseball.
- Mehcad was also named a Texas all-state basketball player.
- Starting at the age of 15, he used to do modeling projects during his high school and college years and has worked as a Calvin Klein underwear model.
- After Brooks graduated high school, he was accepted at Yale University. However, he decided to study at the University of Southern California.
- Brooks enjoys collecting Playboy magazines and has an extensive vintage collection of the same.
- In 2005, Mehcad was included in Daily Variety list of Ten Young Actors to Watch.
- In 2009, Brooks appeared on FOX’s TV series Dollhouse.
- In July 2010, Mehcad was featured in the issue of GQ alongside Brazilian model Emanuela de Paula.
- In 2013, Brooks was featured in a public service announcement for the Center for Reproductive Rights.