Martin Compston is a Scottish actor and former professional footballer. He is known for his lead role as Anti-Corruption Unit Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in the BBC crime drama Line of Duty. His other notable roles include Liam in Ken Loach’s Sweet Sixteen, Paul Ferris in The Wee Man, Ewan Brodie in Monarch of the Glen and Dan Docherty in The Nest. In 2016, Martin starred in the three-part Scottish television drama series In Plain Sight as serial murderer, Peter Manuel, who is pursued to his conviction and ultimate execution by the detective William Muncie.
Martin Compston was born on the 8th of May 1984, in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland. He is currently 36 years old.
|Birth Name||Martin Compston|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1984|
|Place of Birth||Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland|
|Age||36 years old|
|Profession||Actor, Former Professional Footballer|
Martin went to St Columba’s High School in neighboring Gourock. However, he dropped out at the end of his fifth year in High School to pursue his dream as a footballer. He was later signed by Morton Football Team.
- Father – Jim Compston
- Mother – Liz Compston
- Siblings – Barry Compston (Elder Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Martin Compston has dated –
- Tianna Chanel Flynn (2016-Present) – Martin married Tianna Chanel Flynn on 19 June 2016. They reside in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada.
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Martin became known for his lead role as Anti-Corruption Unit Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott in the BBC crime drama Line of Duty (2012–Present).
At junior level, he played for Aberdeen, and after quitting school he signed for the local professional team Greenock Morton. He played as a substitute in two games of the 2001–02 season. Morton lost 4–0, to Alloa Athletic and Queen of the South.
In 2002, Martin had his first acting credits in Ken Loach’s Sweet Sixteen as Liam.
In 2003, Martin made his television debut as Ewan Brodie on BBC drama TV series, Monarch of the Glen.
Martin Compston Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Brad Pitt, Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Sharon Stone
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Demi Lovato
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Martin Compston Net worth
Martin Compston has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Martin Compston
- As a young a teen, he used to watch soccer with his brother and decided to become a professional footballer one day.
- Martin was discovered by director Ken Loach at an audition at his old high school and gave him the lead role in Sweet Sixteen.
- Compston is a supporter of Celtic F.C. and Scottish independence from the United Kingdom.
- Compston appeared in The View’s music video for “Grace” and “How Long” as he is friends with the band.
- In 2012, Martin starred in the lead role of Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott, a detective on an anti-corruption squad in the BBC police drama Line of Duty acting alongside Craig Parkinson once more.
- In April 2013, Compston starred in the ITV mini-series The Ice Cream Girls.
- In 2016, Martin starred in the three-part Scottish television drama series In Plain Sight as serial murderer, Peter Manuel, who is pursued to his conviction and ultimate execution by the detective William Muncie.
- In 2018, Compston starred in Josie Rourke’s historical drama film Mary Queen of Scots alongside stars Saoirse Ronan, Margot Robbie and Jack Lowden.
- In 22 March 2020, Martin stars alongside Sophie Rundle in the television drama series The Nest which began airing on BBC One.