John Corbett is an American actor and country music singer. He is known for his roles as Chris Stevens on CBS’ Northern Exposure and as Aidan Shaw on HBO’s Sex and the City. He reprised the latter role for the film sequel Sex and the City 2. He also portrayed the male lead, Ian Miller, in the romantic comedy film My Big Fat Greek Wedding and its 2016 sequel. John starred as Max Gregson on Showtime’s United States of Tara, recurred as Seth Holt on NBC’s Parenthood and starred as Josiah “Flash” Bacon on FX’s Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll.
John Corbett was born on the 9th of May 1961, in Wheeling, West Virginia, United States. He’s currently 59 years old.
|Birth Name||John Joseph Corbett|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1961|
|Place of Birth||Wheeling, West Virginia, United States|
|Age||59 years old|
|Profession||Actor, Country Singer, Guitarist|
|Residence||Santa Ynez, California, United States|
John attended Wheeling Central Catholic High School, from which he graduated in 1979. After graduation, he did factory jobs for a few years before studying hairdressing and acting at Cerritos College in Norwalk.
- Father – John Marshall Corbett
- Mother – Sandra Pavilack
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Corbett has dated –
- Brittany Daniel (2000-2001) – John dated Brittany Daniels, an American actress from 2000 to 2001.
- Vanna White (2001-2002) – John dated Vanna White, an American game show host from 2001 to 2002.
- Nathalie Cox (2002) – John dated Nathalie Cox, a British actress in 2002.
- Bo Derek (2002-Present) – John started dating Bo Derek, an American actress in 2002. They have no children together. The couple reside on a ranch in Santa Ynez, California, with their two German Shepherds and four horses.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Distinctive Features||Towering height|
John became known for his roles as Chris Stevens on CBS’ Northern Exposure and as Aidan Shaw on HBO’s Sex and the City (2000-2003). He reprised the latter role for the film sequel Sex and the City 2 (2010).
In 1987, John made his theatrical film debut in an uncredited role in the movie Someone to Watch Over Me.
In 1999, John had his professional acting role as Big Augie in John Milius’s drama war film, Flight of the Intruder.
In April 4, 2006, John released a self-titled debut album, John Corbett via Fun Bone/Co5. It consisted of 12 songs including Bottle of Whiskey, Good to Go and Revival.
In 1988, Corbett made his television debut as Louis in an episode of the coming-of-age-comedy-drama TV series, The Wonder Years.
John Corbett has endorsed brands such as Samsung, Ford Automobiles, Applebee & Walgreen.
John Corbett Favorites
- Favorite Actor – George Clooney, Tom Hanks
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
John Corbett Net worth
John Corbett has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
He doesn’t have any personal social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Corbett
- Corbett started playing the guitar at age seven, and at 16, he worked as a security guard at the Capitol Music Hall.
- Growing up, he served as an altar boy for seven years at St. Joseph’s Cathedral.
- He worked as a hydrotester in a steel factory called Kaiser Steel in Fontana for six years.
- He is a part owner in the Fenix Underground club in Seattle.
- In 1990, Corbett started playing Chris Stevens in the comedy-drama television series Northern Exposure that focussed on the eccentric residents of a fictional town in Alaska.
- In 1993, Corbett starred in the Jeff Richter-directed music video for the Scorpions single Woman opposite Karina Lombard.
- In 1999, John was the host of Love Chronicles on A&E Television Networks.
- In 2002, Corbett portrayed the male lead role of Ian Miller in the romantic comedy film My Big Fat Greek Wedding alongside Nia Vardalos for which he was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award.
- In 2003, he starred in the FX dark comedy series Lucky as professional poker player Michael “Lucky” Linkletter.
- In September 2004, John had signed a recording contract with Nashville-based country music label Broken Bow Records.
- In 2008, Corbett was featured in Trisha Yearwood’s music video for her single This Is Me You’re Talking To.
- In 2009, John also co-starred in the Brian Herzlinger-directed comedy film Baby on Board.
- In 2010, Corbett reprised his role as Aidan Shaw in the Sex and the City feature film sequel Sex and the City 2.
- In 2011, Corbett was inducted into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- John was a licensed hairstylist.
- He has two German Shepherds and four horses.
- In March 2013, Corbett appeared in two episodes of the CBS procedural drama series NCIS: Los Angeles as Special Agent Roy Haines.
- In 2014, Corbett appeared alongside Sarah Bolger in Jeff Probst’s drama film Kiss Me.
- In 2017, John portrayed the main role of Michael Spurlock, a pastor who welcomes Karen refugees to his church, in the Steve Gomer-directed drama film All Saints.
- In 2019, Corbett starred in John R. Leonetti’s film adaptation of Tim Lebbon’s horror novel The Silence with Miranda Otto and Stanley Tucci.