Jim Goodwin is an Irish football manager and former player who is currently the manager of Dundee United. From 2000 to 2019, he had a playing career in Scotland and England, playing in a defensive role with Celtic, Stockport County, Scunthorpe United, Huddersfield Town, Hamilton Academical, St Mirren and Alloa Athletic. He also had a loan spell at Oldham Athletic. Goodwin also played at various levels with Ireland. In 2002, He played once for the full Republic of Ireland national team, and in 2007, was capped once by the Republic of Ireland B team. He began his coaching career at St.Mirren as a player-coach. After a stint as assistant manager at Alloa Athletic, he became the club’s manager and helped them win a promotion. In March 2023, Goodwin was appointed manager of Dundee United who were relegated at the end of that season.
Jim Goodwin was born on the 20th of November 1981, in Waterford, Ireland.
|James Michael Goodwin
|Date of Birth
|20th of November 1981
|Place of Birth
|42 years old
His educational qualifications are unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Goodwin has dated –
Jim has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
Jim became known as a Midfielder in 2000, who made his professional debut for Celtic also playing for Stockport County and in 2011, Hamilton Academical before signing with St. Mirren. In 2002, He made one appearance for Ireland’s national team.
Goodwin has represented the Republic of Ireland at international level being capped at Under-16, Under 21, B level and at full international level. He was at the heart of the defence for the Republic of Ireland under-16 along with fellow Waterford man John O’Shea, as they won the 1998 UEFA European Under-16 Football Championship in Perth, Scotland.
Jim was captain of the Republic of Ireland under-21 before making the step up to full international level, earning one cap for Republic of Ireland national football team coming on as a substitute for Robbie Keane in a match against Finland in Helsinki. In 2007, Goodwin was also capped by Republic of Ireland B against Scotland B, but was sent-off during the match.
Jim Goodwin Net worth
Jim Goodwin has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2024.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jim Goodwin
- James known as Jim Goodwin was born in Waterford, Ireland. He prefers to keep her private life tucked away from public view and refrains from opening up on matters concerning her family lifestyle.
- From 1997-2000, he played youth soccer for Celtic. In 2005, Goodwin was signed by Scunthorpe United where he made 84 appearances scoring six goals (between 2005 and 2008).
- On 5 June 2008, he signed a three-year deal at Huddersfield Town. On 9 August 2008, He along with five other players made his debut in the 1–1 draw against Stockport County at the Galpharm Stadium.
- On 6 September 2010, After leaving Huddersfield, he joined Hamilton Academical. In January 2011, Goodwin signed for St Mirren after his contract at Hamilton expired.
- In October 2016,, Goodwin was appointed player-manager of Alloa Athletic after Jack Ross had moved to St Mirren.
- Due to Alloa’s status as a semi-professional club, Goodwin also worked at a car leasing company, a construction recruitment firm, ran his own courier company and had a job as a Cadbury chocolate salesman.
- In March 2023, Goodwin was appointed manager of Dundee United on a short-term contract until the end of the 2022–23 Scottish Premiership.