Domhnall Gleeson is an Irish actor, screenwriter and short film director. He became known to a wider audience for his portrayal of Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter film series along with his father Brendan Gleeson who played Alastor Moody; Konstantin Levin in Anna Karenina; Tim Lake in About Time and Russell Allen Phillips in the fact-based war drama Unbroken. Gleeson has won three IFTA Awards for his performances in When Harvey Met Bob, Anna Karenina and Frank.
Domhnall Gleeson was born on the 12th of May 1983, in Dublin, Ireland. He’s currently 37 years old.
|Birth Name||Domhnall Gleeson|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1983|
|Place of Birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Age||37 years old|
|Profession||Actor, Writer, Director|
Domhnall attended Malahide Community School, where he performed in school productions of Grease and King Lear. Gleeson later graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Media Arts from the Dublin Institute of Technology.
- Father – Brendan Gleeson (Actor)
- Mother – Mary (nee Weldon) Gleeson
- Siblings – Brian Gleeson (Younger Brother) (Actor), Fergus Gleeson (Younger Brother), Rory Gleeson (Younger Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Domhnall Gleeson has dated –
Domhnall has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
|Shoe Size||11.5 (US)|
Domhnall became known to a wider audience for his portrayal of Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter film series (2001–2011), along with his father Brendan Gleeson, who played Alastor Moody; Konstantin Levin in Anna Karenina (2012); Tim Lake in About Time (2013) and Russell Allen Phillips in the fact-based war drama Unbroken (2014).
In 2004, Domhnall acted as Cashier in the short action movie Six Shooter. In 2005, Domhnall began his acting career when he was cast as Bernard in Stephen Bradley’s horror-comedy film, Boy Eats Girl.
In 2001, Gleeson made his first TV appearance in playing Bryne in an episode of the British television drama series, Rebel Heart.
Gleeson has not been seen in any TV commercial yet.
Domhnall Gleeson Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Onscreen Couple – Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray in the movie Double Indemnity (1944)
- Favorite Richard Curtis Movie – Notting Hill (1999)
- Favorite Places in London – The Beach and the Pink House
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Domhnall Gleeson Net worth
Domhnall Gleeson has an estimated net worth of $7 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Gleeson is not on personal social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Domhnall Gleeson
- Domhnall began writing and directing the movies right after his graduation.
- Gleeson and his father are avid fans of the English football club Aston Villa.
- In 2006, Domhnall was nominated for the Tony Award for his acts in the black comedy The Lieutenant of Inishmore (2001).
- In 2015, he won the Irish Film and Television Awards for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his performance in the film Frank.
- In 2015, Gleeson received widespread recognition and praise for his performances in several Academy Award-nominated films: Caleb Smith in Ex Machina, Jim Farrell in Brooklyn and Captain Andrew Henry in The Revenant.
- In February 2016, Gleeson narrated the BBC Two nature documentary series Earth’s Greatest Spectacles.
- In 2017, Domhnall appeared in Mother! alongside his brother Brian Gleeson, co-starred in American Made, portrayed A. A. Milne in Goodbye Christopher Robin.
- In 2018, he starred in a live-action adaptation of Peter Rabbit.
- In 2019, Gleeson returned to the role of General Hux in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker the last film of the nine movie series.
- In 2020, Domhnall had a main role in the HBO black comedy series Run.