Ann Rohmer is a Canadian television personality known for her work on Citytv and CP24. In 1979, she landed her first major television gig hosting the syndicated program Show Biz where she interviewed celebrities. Rohmer was the co-host of Context Beyond The Headlines, a program produced by Crossroads Christian Communications, for the 2019/2020 season. She is a successful Journalist. She also has positioned herself on the list of Most popular Journalists. On August 19, 2022, she registered to run as a candidate for Toronto City Council but ended her campaign on August 28 due to “unforeseen family issues”. Her name remained on the ballot, however, as the deadline to withdraw had passed.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ann Rohmer was born on the 2nd of March 1958, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
|Ann Margaret Rohmer
|Date of Birth
|2nd of March 1958
|Place of Birth
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|65 years old
|Television personality, Journalist
In 1974, Ann attended Branksome Hall before transferring to Northern Secondary School in her final year of high school, graduating.
- Father – Richard Rohmer (An officer with the Royal Canadian Air Force)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ann Rohmer has dated –
- Steve Podborski (1984-1986) – Rohmer has married and divorced three times, including to Canadian downhill skier and Olympic medalist Steve Podborski: from 1984, they were married until in 1986, their divorce.
Ann became known as a popular TV host, and richest Journalist who is a TV personality on CP24 on CP24 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Rohmer resigned her primary job at CP24. She was given an on-air farewell as well as a huge celebration to mark her tenure in the station. The new job was originally supposed as an outside radio broadcaster. However, in the fall of 2010, she was back to her normal morning anchoring duties on weekdays at CP24. CP24 did not provide a reason behind her return or even mention the fact that she was back at an anchor station. She continued hosting Animal House Calls and Hot Property.
Ann Rohmer Net worth
Ann Rohmer has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2024.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ann Rohmer
- Rohmer’s father is Richard Rohmer, an officer with the Royal Canadian Air Force. She grew up in Don Mills.
- She was trained by top figure skating coach Sheldon Galbraith, Rohmer competed at the provincial level until she was involved in a car accident at the age of 14.
- Although this ended her skating career, it has not stopped her from playing tennis, being an aerobics instructor and avidly participating in both water and downhill skiing.
- As a university student, she began acting in television commercials as a means of earning extra money. Her desire to write and edit the scripts sparked a desire to work as a television presenter.
- During the 1970s, she worked as a flight attendant for Air Canada.
- In 1979, she landed her first major television gig hosting the syndicated program Show Biz where she interviewed celebrities.
- Rohmer was then hired as a sports anchor for CBC; following that she was a features reporter on CTV’s Canada AM for two years.
- In October 2001, Rohmer moved to CP24 where she became news anchor and also hosted City Online, a daily interactive talk show after CityNews at Noon that gave viewers the chance to comment on specific news.
- In February 2002, she also took on hosting duties for CP24’s new real estate show, Hot Property. She has also hosted Animal House Calls. Rohmer sometimes filled-in as host of HomePage for Jee-Yun Lee and Perfect Fit for Tonya Rouse.
- She also anchored the new CP24 program More On CP24 (added news coverage during commercial breaks of Citytv’s Breakfast Television), the ‘Live at Noon’ newscast and various CP24 weekday talk shows. In March 2009 she began hosting CP24 Breakfast.
- In November 2015, Rohmer announced her retirement on CP24 after 35 years of broadcasting, and 17 years at CP24. In 2016 however, she returned to CP24 as a fill-in anchor for a year before leaving for a final time in 2017.